Python vs PHPCräcky⚡
Two of the most popular programming languages ever created, PHP and Python. It even gets more interesting as they both start with the letter “P”. Questions like Which one should I go for? Is any of the 2 better than the other? If yes, in what regards? I’ll answer these questions and also give some of the advantages/disadvantages for using both PHP and Python.
I should have dropped this earlier in the day but i had a matter to settle. Lmao, 1.60GHz Processor? You can even encounter problems with some customization on WordPress. Don’t mind me, Celeron isn’t that bad but let’s just face it.
Before getting into the business part, let me give a brief introduction on both languages.
Advantages of Python
• Easy to use – Very straightforward.
• Easy to extend – You can always add new modules that are compiled in languages like C or C++.
• Programs are easy to read.
• Advanced Programming features.
Disadvantages of Python
• It has a lot of limitations with database access.
• It has a lot of design restrictions.
• It is not suited for multi processor / multi-core circle
• Not a good language for mobile development.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is an open-source, general-purpose scripting language that is specially suited to Web Development. Fast, flexible and pragmatic, PHP powers everything from a blog to the most popular websites in the world. It was crested by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdarf in 1994. PHP works on backend.
Advantages of PHP
• Almost every hosting provider supports PHP.
• It is stable.
• Speedy performance.
• Cross-Platform Compatibility.
• Deep Code based programming language – Can be used to create very complex Content Management Systems like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc.
Disadvantages of PHP
• Security – Since it’s an open-source programming language, there is room for anyone to discover any loophole that they can exploit.
• Slower than new competitors – PHP is fast but not as faster than new server-side scripting languages like Node JS.
Common Features of Python and PHP
• Both of them have single statements for all datatypes.
• Both languages are easily understood and easy to learn.
• Both can be used for general for variable number of function arguments.
• Both can be used for general purpose programming and scripting.
Differences between Python and PHP
This is the peak of the comparison. We have some core differences of PHP and Python which set them apart.
• Python is more flexible but it is not as good for developing web-applications like PHP
• Python is more secure : The numerous security features makes it great for rapidly writing complex applications with specific goals and functions in mind.
• Python has a more Readable and Minimalistic Code : Python’s design philosophy emphasized on code readability. This makes it easier for developers to write organized and clean codes. It’s very easy to build complex applications in a minimal amount of time with Python.
• PHP is better for Web Development : You can say PHP was designed with web-development in mind, thus it comes with loads of embedded web-development features.
Deciding whether PHP or Python is better is a difficult challenge, even with having the necessary knowledge at hand. At the end, it all depends on the tasks you have at and your personal requirements.
Python is focused on general purpose programming, prototyping and robust code. It offers the possibility for developers to build scalable software applications. It is also good for web-development, although requires a number of add-on modules.
PHP on the other hand is the prime choice for developers who wish to develop modern websites and Internet applications. These have a lot of stability and can be developed at a rapid rate.
So, before starting out on a new project, it’s important for every developer to evaluate the features of both Python and PHP to know exactly what will work best for them. Once you know the exact features and requirements of your project it becomes easier to find a programming language that compliments them.